Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salad
This recipe is great for summer. Chris and I do this every year when tomatoes and corn are in season.
(Adapted by my husband, Chris, from a Robert Irvine Recipe from Food Network)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 pound frozen corn kernels or about 4 ears fresh (do not use canned corn – it becomes gummy)
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Salt (preferably fresh ground or kosher) and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 (24 total ounces) cans of black beans, drained
- Fresh Tomato
- And Fresh ¼ cup of Fresh Cilantro
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
Cut Corn off Cob. Sauté Corn in Pan with Canola Oil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, and Black Pepper until slightly tender. Place in the oven until roasted (but not dried out) about 10 minutes.
Once you pull the corn out of the oven place in a bowl. Toss with Can of Black Beans. Then toss with simple homemade vinaigrette (see below). Garnish with fresh tomato and cilantro. Then serve. (Makes 4 servings)
Simple Homemade Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup of Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup of Canola Oil
Put vinegar and spices in bowl. Then whisk oil in until it emulsified.