- Large Yellow Squash
- Favorite Spaghetti Sauce (jarred or homemade). My favorite jarred sauce, so far, is Classico’s Tomato and Basil Sauce or Classico’s Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce. I always purée my spaghetti sauces because I have a textural aversion to onion.
- Porcupine “Meat”ball Stuffing (see below)
Prep: Cut off end of Squash and scoop out seeds giving you a hollow to stuff. (Leave handle of squash on; just remove the end.) Stuff with porcupine “meat”ball stuffing.
Porcupine “Meat”ball Stuffing for the Squash:
- Block of Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup to cup of chopped Walnuts
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Creole Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Vegan Friendly Breadcrumbs (I recommend Edward and Sons Bread Crumbs or making your own) or crumbled day old bread
- Vegan Mozzarella (optional)
- Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Cooked Rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Hand crumble Tofu into a bowl. Add chopped nuts, Olive Oil, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Basil, Oregano, Creole Mustard, a dash of soy sauce, some lemon juice, bread crumbs, and vegan cheeses. Use teaspoon to scoop mixture into hollowed out yellow squash. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve stuffed squash over linguini with spaghetti sauce on top.