- Block of Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup to cup of chopped Walnuts
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Creole Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Vegan Friendly Breadcrumbs (I recommend Edward and Sons Bread Crumbs or making your own)
- Vegan Mozzarella (optional)
- Vegan Parmesan (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Hand crumble Tofu into a bowl. Add chopped nuts, Olive Oil, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Basil, Oregano, Creole Mustard, a dash of soy sauce, some lemon juice, bread crumbs, and vegan cheeses. Use teaspoon to spoon into hand. Smaller meatballs are better because of the good crust that forms. Place meatballs on cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. Carefully turn over each meatball, about half way through. Serve with tomato sauce drizzled on top. Great with potatoes cooked in the tomato sauce, too.
Variation – Porcupine “Meat” Balls: Add already cooked brown or white rice to the mixture.
These are wonderful served over pasta with your favorite spaghetti sauce. I also use this recipe to make stuffed squash.